Saturday, March 28, 2009

Demotion

University Grounds, Maroon Dormitories, MD149, Personal Computer
Date: X/XX/XX
Subject: Barely scraping my performance
Password Protected: Yes

Once again, I have managed to barely get myself out of an operation alive. Had Z and the rest of C-17 Unit not been there, I may not be here typing my musings of the last assignment. As such, my squadron commander has not exempted me from the final assignment because of my carelessness.

Three days from now, I decide my fate as to whether I pass into advanced field training, into the ranking of Illusionist. But, I must pass, or else I get left behind by the other agents for two months, or until I qualify into their ranks- the Assassins, followed by the Espionage Clandestines, and then finally, the Death Squadron . So much for getting accelerated, talk about getting demoted. And if I get demoted, years of planning Operation Exe on President Vorsitzende's Government will be put to waste.

So, not only do I have a practical Operation to prepare for, I also have a written examination on the morning of the same day. Maroon life is tough.

Regarding the Maroons, although I am registered as a student of the University, I am still unsure as to whether I am really a Maroon or not. Maroons are what we call all students of the University, and we can be divided in different ways. Generally, Maroons are divided by their courses; I am one of the students of medicine. Castor and Pollux belong to the department of psychology; Welsche is a student of the physical and life sciences department.

And then, Maroons can be divided according to which corner of the Gray Area the University Grounds are in they belong to. I am a White, I belong to White Corner, near our haven at Capitoline Hospital. The Fraternities own the North Triangle and a Quadrangle in the center of the Grounds. The Organs own the West Circle, where they have access to all Government facilities and buildings and such. They are very well informed of issues and the undercover stories of assassinations, bombings, and operations in and around the City. I'm fortunate to be acquainted with a the tycoon engineer Kino Takai, an Organ insider. The Opfergabe, lead by Professor Krieg, resides in the East Pavilion of the Gray area, nearest to the Slums. I respect their small, seemingly unaccounted for group, very much.

Where we are all different, we value cultural relativity and respect for difference within and outside the Gray Area. This is how we keep peace among our kind.

A true Maroon is not only a student of the University, but also a person who upholds both Honor and Excellence. I am struggling with both characteristics, as one can plainly see from my latest fiasco. I'm barely scraping my majors as much as I try. Until I can carry both, I'm just an Ottoman Turk, living in the shadows of my division, a mere Scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment